- AISPBE Revised Section 10 and new Section 14 are now available as Corrigenda 4 Two new sections of the 2006 AISPBE guidelines have been released. These include a revised Section 10 – Seismic Assessment of Unreinforced Masonry Buildings, and a new Section 14 – Geotechnical Considerations. These two sections represent sig...
- Michael John Nigel (Nigel) Priestley Dear NZSEE Members, It is with deep sadness that I inform you Professor Nigel Priestley passed away peacefully on Tuesday December 23 in Christchurch, surrounded by his wife and children, after a long battle with cancer. Nigel revolutionised the des...
- 2015 Earthquake Strengthening Awards Entries are now open for the 2015 Earthquake Strengthening Awards. Case studies of seismic retrofit projects are sought, with awards to be given in the following categories: - Best Engineering Solution - Best Adaptive Re-use - Best p...
- Napa LFE Seminar recording now available online The South Napa Earthquake Learning from Earthquake (LFE) mission seminar recording is now available online. Seminars by Bruce Galloway and Jason Ingham were held in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch . NZSEE thanks EQC and MBIE for their generous fina...
- RESIST available on NZSEE website RESIST is software for preliminary structural designs of buildings for wind and earthquake loads. For use by architecture students, engineering students, architects and structural engineers, it’s unique for its user-friendliness and the absence of hand ...
- Update of AISPBE 2006 Section 3 now available as Corrigenda 3 The Initial Evaluation Procedure (IEP), as set out in Section 3 of the AISPBE Guidelines, has been extensively revised to include additional explanatory material to assist assessors to complete an Initial Seismic Assessment (ISA). The changes to this ...
- 2014 Earthquake Strengthening Awards Entries are now open for the 2014 Earthquake Strengthening Awards. Case studies of seismic retrofit projects are sought, with awards to be given in the following categories: Best Engineering Solution Best Adaptive Re-use Best project under $1m Heri...
- Nominations sought for NZSEE Management Committee 2014 - 15 Nominations are now being sought for members of the Management Committee for 2014-15. Attached here is a nomination form for the election of the 2014 - 15 Management Committee. Society members annually elect nine of their members to the Management Comm...
- NZSEE Annual Awards Applications are invited for the 2014 NZSEE Awards. These include: 1. 2014 EQC/NZSEE Ivan Skinner Award The award is provided for the Advancement of Earthquake Engineering Research in New Zealand 2. The 2013 Otto Glogau Award This award is ...
- NZSEE – Initial Seismic Assessment Guidelines Update (Seminar Notice) The New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering (NZSEE), supported by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) and Earthquake Commission (EQC); the Structural Engineering Society (SESOC); the New Zealand Geotechnical Society (NZGS), h...
- 10 Pacific Conference on Earthquake Engineering
06/11/2015 - 08/11/2015
- No Events
- URM Section 10 Workshop - Whanganui
- URM Section 10 Workshop - Dunedin
- URM Section 10 Workshop - Auckland
- URM Section 10 Workshop - North Shore
- URM Section 10 Workshop - Hamilton
- URM Section 10 Workshop - Wellington
- URM Section 10 Workshop - Christchurch